Effective: January 1, 2019
We believe that Privacy is a right. As such, we take privacy very seriously.
Please read the policy carefully.
If you are a Customer (defined below), these Privacy Policies govern what we will do with the information you provide while using our Services. We are grateful you’re here.
Information we Collect and Receive
Content and information submitted by users to the Services is referred to in this policy as “Customer Data.” As further explained below, Customer Data is controlled by the organization or other third party that created the account (the “Customer” ). Where Permitium collects or processes Customer Data, it does so on behalf of the Customer.
If you are using the Services by invitation of a Customer, whether that Customer is your employer, another organization, or an individual, that Customer determines its own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, sharing, and retention of Customer Data which may apply to your use of the Services. Please check with the Customer about the policies and settings it has in place.
Permitium may also collect and receive the following information:
- Account creation information. Users may provide information such as an email address, phone number, and password to create an account.
- Billing and other information. For Customers that purchase a paid version of the Services, our corporate affiliates and our third party payment processors may collect and store billing address and credit card approval information on our behalf or we may do this ourselves.
- Services usage information. This is information about how you are accessing and using the Services, which may include administrative and support communications with us and information about the services you use (if any).
- Contact information. With your permission, any contact information you choose to import is collected (such as an address book from a device) when using the Services.
- Log data. When you use the Services our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you are using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before using the Services, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your use of the Services, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Device information. We may collect information about the device you are using the Services on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings.
- Geo-location information. Precise GPS location from mobile devices is collected only with your permission. WiFi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
- Third party data. Permitium may also receive information from affiliates in our corporate group, our partners, or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This might be aggregate level information, such as which IP addresses go with which zip codes, or it might be more specific information, such as about how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
Information we Collect and Receive
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer or mobile device. They are unique to your account or your browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire.
How we use information
Permitium may access and use Customer Data as reasonably necessary and in accordance with Customer instrictions to provide, maintain, and improve the Services. We may use the your Customer Data to provide Support. We may use your Customer Data to address security, service, and/or technical issues. We may use your Customer Data to communicate with you. We may use your information to market our services to you. We may use your Customer Data to prevent fraud and generally stop ‘bad things’ from happening. Finally, We may use your Customer Data as required by law or when expressely permitted in writing by the Customer.
Permitium takes great care to protect your data and security is job one. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment Gateway Providers Database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
We take various steps to protect information you provide to us from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology.
Our Services are not directed to children under 13. If you learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, without consent, please contact us.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
1. Customer Data
Permitium may share Customer Data in accordance with our agreement with the Customer and the Customer’s instructions, including:
- With third party service providers and agents. We may engage third party companies or individuals to process Customer Data.
- With affiliates. We may engage affiliates in our corporate group to process Customer Data.
2. Other information
Permitium may share other information as follows:
- About you with the Customer. There may be times when you contact Permitium to help resolve an issue you may be having. In order to help resolve the issue and given our relationship with our Customer, we may share your concern with our Customer.
- With third party service providers and agents. We may engage third party companies or individuals, such as third party payment processors, to process information on our behalf.
- With affiliates. We may engage affiliates in our corporate group to process other information.
3. Other types of disclosure
Permitium may share or disclose Customer Data and other information as follows:
- During changes to our business structure. If we engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Permitium assets, financing, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence).
- To comply with laws. To comply with legal or regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests, court orders and legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of us or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud.
We may disclose or use aggregate or anonymized information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified information with our partners or others for business or research purposes like telling a prospective Permitium Customer the average number of requests made within PermitDirector in a day or partnering with research firms
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we will post any changes on this page. If you continue to use the Services after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy.
1235 East Blvd Ste E PMB 2051
Charlotte, NC 28203